1. Tenancies normally run from Saturday to Saturday.
2. A tenancy begins at 4.00 p.m on the day of arrival and ends at 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure.
3. The house is equipped with bed linen and towels are also provided. (A cot can be provided but without bed linen and blankets.)
4. The house is cleaned between tenancies but because of the limited time available for cleaning we ask that on departure tenants ensure that the premises and the contents are clean and tidy and that a note is left of any breakages or deficiencies.
5. A small supply of groceries is left in the house for arriving tenants. (See note below regarding Local Shopping)
A charge based on the meter reading will be made for electricity during the tenancy payable before departure. Solid fuel (coal/peat) for the sitting room fire is charged on a rate per bucketful basis (see note under TERMS below)
The house has a telephone and tenants are requested to account for outgoing calls. (See note under TERMS below)
Pets are welcome up to a maximum of two pets per tenancy, but see under TERMS below. Tenants are advised that it is imperative (a) that dogs are kept under strict control as there may be sheep in the surrounding area and (b) that pets are kept off the furniture.
The house has a satellite sourced WIFI system and weekly usage of up to 2310 megabytes will be provided free of charge. The charge for usage in excess of 2310 megabytes will be of the order of £10 per 1000 megabytes.
No smoking in the house please.
11. Domestic / baby sitting cooking help
It would be appreciated if tenants wishing domestic, baby sitting and/or cooking help would advise us at the time of booking. Please note that it is not always easy to provide.
We regret that no liability can be accepted for any loss, injury, or damage suffered by tenants or any members of their party during their stay, however such loss or damage may be caused.
13. Local Shopping
Laide Post Office / Shop / Filling Station is approximately four miles (6.5km) from the house. It caters for most household requirements. At Aultbea, which is 7 miles (11 km) from the house, there is a good butcher and a well stocked mini super-market.
14. Private Water Supply The house has a private water supply which should always be plentiful. However, we ask tenants to try not to be wasteful.
15. FULL TERMS FOR SEASON 2016
26th March to 14th May = £435/week
14th May to 25th June = £505/week
25th June to 27th August = £575/week
27th August to 24th September = £505/week
24th September to 29th October = £435/week
Christmas and New Year = £560/week
All other dates = £310/week
Up to 2 pets are welcome per tenancy and £15 per pet should be added to the weekly rental.
The rates charged for electricity will be those current at the time of the tenancy as applied by Scottish Hydro Electric. As an indication the rates being applied at present (October 2015) inc. VAT @ 5% are 19.43p and 9.81p per unit respectively. We charge £4.50 per bucketful of coal and £2.50 per bucketful of peat. Tenants are required to account for these charges by way of a ‘self-billing’ invoice which is provided and against which cash or a cheque should be left at the end of the tenancy.
A non returnable deposit of £50 for each week booked is charged and for which you will be sent an invoice. N.B. For Christmas and New Year bookings the non returnable booking deposit is £125.
An invoice for the balance of rent (the weekly rent less the booking deposit) will be sent to you a month before the date of your confirmed booking. We will acknowledge receipt of payment by forwarding HOUSE NOTES, which provide a resume of the foregoing Tenancy Details in addition to a recommended route from the Inverness area, the whereabouts of the key etc., a sketch map showing the precise location of the house and the draught ‘self-billing’ invoice noted above.
Bookings for lets of one week or less will be charged in full if cancelled within the thirty days preceding the booked period. Bookings for two or more weeks will be charged at 60% of the rent due if cancelled within the first thirty days of the sixty days preceding the booked period and in full if cancelled within the thirty days immediately preceding the booked period.